Chuo University has a long history as a school committed to engaging students with practical knowledge that can be turned into action. As a winner of government funding for Promotion of Global Human Resource Development, Chuo is committed to facilitating and training future global leaders and specialists. Many of the classes at Chuo University are taught in English, so students from all over the glob are able to come at take advantage of the vibrant international community at Chuo University. Chuo University has countless degree and research programs available to students. As an exchange student, you will have access to world-class professionals who will help you to attain the knowledge you need to put you career into action. In addition to the superb academic environment at Chuo University, you can immerse yourself in Japanese tradition and modern culture through the countless cultural events and opportunities available in and around the university.
The Tama Campus in the beautiful Tama Hills Natural Park in the city of Hachioji, Tokyo, is but a fraction of all of the wonderful sights and experiences available to students. With the peak of Mt. Fuji in the distance, the campus itself is a picturesque and tranquil studying environment. At the same time, it is not far from the bustling city center of Tokyo where countless attractions await.
You can find a link to their international page here
Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
A brochure is available from Chuo University that offers a bit more detail on their exchange programs.
Students must have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA and have COMPLETED at least two years of undergraduate OR one semester of graduate studies
Students must meet the all minimum admissions requirements for the university: language proficiency, GPA, etc.
How It Works
Thanks to the exchange partnership between Chuo university and ETSU, students studying at Chuo pay tuition to ETSU so the price is comparable studying and lodging one ETSU’s main campus.
*Fees are subject to change
|Bilateral Institution Costs
|Pay the Following:
- ETSU tuition and fees: ~$4,750
- Link to cost is located here
- Click "Undergraduate"
- The exchange agreement requires you to pay 15 credit hours (though you are only required to 12 or more credit hours)
- ETSU Admin Fee: $100
- Bucs Abroad Application Fee: $32
|Pay the Following:
- Housing and Meals
- Health Insurance (the institution will notify you which insurance to purchase)
- Application Fee
- Institution-Specific Expenses
- Some institutions abroad require residence hall insurance, deposits and/or application fees
- Contact the institution to see if there are any other fees
- The government requires international students to show proof of sufficient funds in the form of a bank statement (this is not unique to the country, the US government also requires this from incoming international students). This is to show that you are able to cover the fees in the “Other” column, as well as cover any unforeseen emergencies. If you are a dependent, you can provide a bank statement from a parent or guardian.
Potential Costs (Vary by Country):
- In-country transportation (e.g. train, taxi)
- Student Visa Fees
- If applicable: travel costs, for countries that require students to obtain a student visa at a consulate (usually in DC or Atlanta)
- Bed sheets
Costs to Deduct from the Price
*Deductions are unique to the individual. Please consult Amy Collins at email@example.com for more information.
How to Pay:
Financial Aid & Scholarships
|Pell Grant (if eligible)
Roan Scholars Scholarship (if eligible)
Tennessee Lottery Scholarship (if eligible)
Other Financial Aid & Scholarships: $0 - Full Ride
ETSU International Education Scholarship: $0 - ~$4,000
- Most financial aid & scholarships can be applied during a semester abroad. Please consult the ETSU International Financial Aid Advisor, Amy Collins (firstname.lastname@example.org), for more information
- Please note: students are not guaranteed a scholarship and must follow all instructions in order to be eligible.
If Applicable: Institution-specific Scholarships
- Link to their International page can be found here
- Tuition & Fees:
- Applied automatically when enrolling in the course "EXCH 3583"
- Room & Board:
- Added the week before classes begin at ETSU. Students do not need to enroll in a meal plan or housing at ETSU.