University of Huddersfield
The University of Huddersfield in the UK is a popular study abroad destination for Psychology, Political Science, International Affairs, Sociology and Criminal Justice majors. Located in Yorkshire region in the England, Huddersfield offers a small town experience yet with easy access to major cities in the UK. The classes available for ETSU students are from a wide variety of departments: Political Science, International Affairs, Sociology, Psychology, and Criminology. Depending on your major, you may have access to some of the most up to date research equipment in your area of study. University of Huddersfield's specialized research facilities have a wide range of technologies including electroencephalogram (EEG) recording equipment, eye movement and facial expression trackers and one of the most up-to-date lie detection machines in the world.
Positioned in the heart of Yorkshire, Huddersfield is located between Leeds and Manchester and is surrounded by beautiful rolling countryside. The town and university play host to a number of festivals and events that help make the community come alive. Whether you enjoy shopping, the arts, sports, or just going out for a bite to eat with friends, there are always opportunities to get out and have a good time in Huddersfield.
Leonie Jackson Email: L.Jackson2@hud.ac.uk
Anne Hall email: A.Hall2@hud.ac.uk
For more information you can visit the University of Huddersfield website.
University of Huddersfield International Facebook Page
Students must have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA and have preferably COMPLETED at least on year of studies at home university
You can apply for the Spring semester, but student's module choices may be more limited as some year-long modules would be off-limits. Therefore, if you wish to do a year long module, you may want to consider applying for the fall semester rather than the spring.
Students must meet the all minimum admissions requirements for the university: language proficiency, GPA, etc.
How It Works
Because ETSU and University of Huddersfield are partnered to bring students into Huddersfield, the cost of attending University of Huddersfield is comparable to the tuition costs of 15 credit hours at ETSU. Below is a table of the fees that are paid to ETSU and the Fees that are paid to the University of Huddersfield.
Fee Table Per Semester
*Fees are subject to change
|Bilateral Institution Costs
|Pay the Following:
- ETSU tuition and fees: ~$4,750
- Link to cost is located here
- Click "Undergraduate"
- The exchange agreement requires you to pay 15 credit hours (though you are only required to 12 or more credit hours)
- ETSU Admin Fee: $100
- Bucs Abroad Application Fee: $32
- CISI Health Insurance Fee: $60 (For programs over 14 days long) *May 2020 price; Subject to change
|Pay the Following:
- Housing and Meals, found here
- Application Fee
- Institution-Specific Expenses
- Some institutions abroad require residence hall insurance, deposits and/or application fees
- Contact the institution to see if there are any other fees
- The government requires international students to show proof of sufficient funds in the form of a bank statement (this is not unique to the country, the US government also requires this from incoming international students). This is to show that you are able to cover the fees in the “Other” column, as well as cover any unforeseen emergencies. If you are a dependent, you can provide a bank statement from a parent or guardian.
Potential Costs (Vary by Country):
- In-country transportation (e.g. train, taxi)
- Student Visa Fees
- If applicable: travel costs, for countries that require students to obtain a student visa at a consulate (usually in DC or Atlanta)
- Bed sheets
Costs to Deduct from the Price
*Deductions are unique to the individual. Please consult Amy Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
How to Pay:
Financial Aid & Scholarships
|Pell Grant (if eligible)
Roan Scholars Scholarship (if eligible)
Tennessee Lottery Scholarship (if eligible)
Other Financial Aid & Scholarships: $0 - Full Ride
ETSU International Education Scholarship: $0 - ~$4,000
- Most financial aid & scholarships can be applied during a semester abroad. Please consult the ETSU International Financial Aid Advisor, Amy Collins (email@example.com), for more information
- Please note: students are not guaranteed a scholarship and must follow all instructions in order to be eligible.
If Applicable: Institution-specific Scholarships
- Link to their International page can be found here
- Tuition & Fees:
- Applied automatically when enrolling in the course "EXCH 3583"
- Room & Board:
- Paid to the institution abroad. Please contact the institution for payment question